When it comes to kitchen decorating, there will be countless design ideas for you to select. The design style is a matter of preference, but here are some essentials you must know to improve your kitchen from layout to material. By reading this article, you may get some inspiration to remodel or design your practical and beautiful kitchen.
1. Choose Your Kitchen Layout by Work Triangle
2. Pick the Right Countertop MaterialCountertop (also called Benchtop or Worktop) must be the most important element in a kitchen because most of the kitchen works needs to be done on it. To make a sturdy and durable countertop, Quartz stone is the most recommended material. Combining all different kinds of advantages, quartz countertop is insusceptible to scratch and cut, stain-proof, corrosion & heat resistant, and also easy to maintain.
3. Proper Height for Effortless Use
To avoid bending over for cooking and washing, the height of the kitchen counter should be measured and decided according to the user’s height. Here we offer you a formula to figure out the rough measurement: Counter Height = Height of User / 2 +5 cm.
Moreover, it is a better option to make a height difference between the sink and stove countertop. When the sink area gets approx. 10cm taller than the stove countertop, you will not need to bend down for exhausting dishwashing, and you do not have to lift your arms while cooking.
4. Choose Undermounted SinkCompared to the above counter sink, using an under-mount sink is more recommended. It is entirely embedded in the countertop, which is nearly seamless for easy maintaining. Also, the undermount sink makes the kitchen counter all-in-one to beautify the overall appearance.
5. Install Adjustable Legs Under CabinetsSome may ignore adjustable leg while remodeling or designing, but this small accessory is extremely practical for the kitchen. It supports the entire cabinet to avoid the carcase directly contacting the kitchen floor, or the moisture from the wet floor may gradually damage the cabinet. Furthermore, you may adjust the height of the leg to keep the cabinet even, preventing cracks caused by uneven stress.
6. Add Door Bumper to CabinetHave you ever been annoyed by the banging of the cabinet door? With the door bumper added, there will not be a noisy sound when you close the door. Little change makes big difference. Besides, the door bumper also reduces the vibration while closing to keep the inner storage from shaking.
7. Guarantee Efficient Lighting
Installing lighting inside and under the cabinet is pretty important to ensure safe use. The kitchen is full of knives and tableware with sharp tips. You may easily get hurt if it is dim and dark. A built-in light strip is a perfect choice to make a clear view under and inside the cabinet. Also, sensor light can be an energy-saving and eco-friendly solution for dim spot illumination.
Making a perfect kitchen is never an easy task, the easiest way is to find an expert to deal with it. With 27 years of custom cabinetry manufacture, OPPEIN is a trustworthy company to build your dream kitchen. Feel free to contact us if you need help from professionals.