7 Storage Ideas for Small Bedrooms
Use a headboard with shelving or drawer components to store books, clothing and more.
Use your dresser as a nightstand to maximize furniture usage and minimize clutter.
Enhance a corner near the window with a window seat for extra seating and storage.
Add a small desk and chair that can act as an office, vanity and nightstand in one.
Add shelves for books, knickknacks or some photos.
Free up valuable space by mounting a TV and other electronics directly to the wall.
This platform bed eliminates the need for a box spring and adds lots of storage underneath.
• Before you start organizing your bedroom, cut the clutter. Place items in three piles: keep, toss and donate.
• Use under-bed storage containers to stow extra linens or out-of-season clothes.
• Purchase a nightstand with drawers or shelves that can house books, magazines, chargers, and more.
• Take advantage of high ceilings in a small bedroom by installing floor-to-ceiling shelving.
• Create recessed spaces between studs for built-ins that add extra storage without sacrificing floor space.
• Add some corner shelving. It takes up slightly less space than traditional wall shelving.
• Transform an old bookcase into a small wardrobe. Add café curtains threaded on a tension rod to conceal certain items while showing off others.